We’re going to be honest with you, there is no magic pill that can help you to miraculously lose weight. While not always there is no substitute for healthy lifestyle changes that include proper nutrition, regular exercise, and a good night’s sleep. However, if there WERE a magic elixir, Green tea is about as close as you can get. Green Tea can help to rev up your metabolism, regulate blood sugar levels, and even help in blasting away belly fat. Read on to learn more about the connection between green tea and weight loss.
What Makes Green Tea A Healthy Drink?
Green tea comes packed with several antioxidants that help in combating damaged cells while boosting the immune system. The different types of antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Beta Carotene present in green tea help in protecting the human body from free radicals, which can play a role in multiple illnesses including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. Furthermore, it also consists of a very active ingredient called Catechins that helps in boosting metabolism further while helping in losing weight.
Green Tea And Weight Loss
Here are the some key facts in relation to Green Tea helping with Weight Loss:
- Green tea helps to elevate metabolic rate. It improves fat oxidation and even improves insulin activity.
- The caffeine content of green tea acts as a stimulant in cutting down fat while improving exercise performance.
- Green tea helps in cutting down the increase in your blood sugar level. HIgh blood sugar levesl trigger your body to store excess glucose as fat, leading to a massive drop in energy and unhealthy cravings.
- A regular cup of green tea consists of around eighty milligrams of L-Theanine. L-Theanine an amino acid, and it provides a relaxing and calming effect to the human brain without sedation by stimulating the central nervous system. This can also stimulate a reduction in appetite.
- The key antioxidant of green tea is EGCG which inhibits an enzyme that helps in breaking down the hormone norepinephrine. In simpler words, this hormone is used by the human central nervous system as a signal to break fat cells.
- According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it has been proven that regular intake of green tea helps in lowering down LDL cholesterol and fasting serum, thereby resulting in weight loss.
Experts all over the world agree that green tea is a healthy and beneficial drink that is packed with antioxidants. It can be consumed any time you need it because it comes in caffeinated and noncaffeinated varieties. Most nutritionists suggest that the right time to drink green tea for weight loss is right after breakfast or lunch, when your body metabolism rate is at its highest.
Looking for a boost in your metabolism and your mood without any caffeine jitters? Try our Xenvi Focus blend of green tea, spearmint, and ginger.